11.12.2006

This Picture Takes My Breath Away


Delegates from Chiapas come to Oaxaca in Solidarity
Originally uploaded by mexicosolidarity.

This photo, titled "Delegates from Chiapas come to Oaxaca in Solidarity", was taken by one of my flickr contacts. mexicosolidarity, her profile name, has been documenting the conflict in Oaxaca for months. I rely on hers' and others' images to keep on top of the situation there when I'm here in Portland.
I just finished watching the June desalojo on video. And also the attack at the university the other day. I was inserting them into my project presentation. Though I've seen them several times, my heart always breaks to see this type of violence against Oaxaquenos occur. This photo gives one hope. Hope that peace will be restored to Oaxaca. Thanks mexicosolidarity for all your great pics!

No comments: