10.30.2006

The PFP

The federal police overtook the zocalo yesterday afternoon using tear gas, force, bulldozers, etc. I'll post pics when get a chance. It's a mess. Oaxaca is burning: buses, tires, encampments. No one is really sure what the state of things are today. I'll be heading out with a friend I met at my hotel, later today. Should be able to figure out the state of things later. What I do know is that the helicopters are flying all day and all night. Hay mucho umo en el centro. There is a lot of smoke in the center. Everything is closed. Bancos, tiendas, ristorantes.... estan todos cerrado. Apparently, three more protest marches will begin at 11am, meeting in the zocalo. We may be starting all over again. I'll be in touch. Keep your fingers crossed for the people of Oaxaca.

No comments: