10.26.2006

Hostel en la calle de Independencia


100_0077
Originally uploaded by carieellen.

okay....I'm totally in denial about this packing thing....
For comparison, this is a pic of the view outside my room at the hostel I stayed at in May/June. See that open door? That's the tiny bathroom. This was taken during a rare time when there wasn't a line of twenty other women waiting to get in and use the two bathroom stalls and three showers that ran five minutes cold, two minutes hot. In the entreprenurial, or, depending on how you look at it, exploitive spirit, the owner saw opportunity in the encampments and was charging the striking teachers 2 pesos for a few sheets of toilet paper, 5 pesos for the usage of the bathroom/shower, and I don't know how much for tlayudas each night. As a guest, I was outnumbered when it came to usage of the facilities. Despite the frustration of not being able to use the facilities when you wanted, and the cold concrete floor, the hosts were muy agradable. But....oh, how I am looking forward to a private shower at Las Mariposas!

No comments: